A dainty starter, perfect for making the right impression. Extra points for making your own horseradish!
Smoked salmon, horseradish & dill toasts (serves 2)
- 150g smoked salmon
- 1 loaf of ciabatta
- ¼ small tub crème fraîche
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- Chopped dill
- ¼ teaspoon creamed horseradish
- 1 tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1 small pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive
- Add a ¼ teaspoon of creamed horseradish to a ¼ tub of crème fraîche. Sprinkle in a small pinch of sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice, then use the Russell Hobbs Desire Hand Blender to mix.
- Taste your topping to make sure it’s seasoned enough for your taste.
- Cut your ciabatta loaf into 1cm thick slices and then toast or griddle them. Drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Top with waves of smoked salmon.
- Add a dollop of the horseradish crème fraîche to each piece of toast and then scatter over the chopped dill.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a liberal dash of lemon juice.