WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2 salmon fillets
- 200g buckwheat flour
- 250ml of semi-skimmed milk (or dairy free alternative such as almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp of chopped chives
- 1 lemon
- Tsp of butter
- Salt and pepper, to season
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Rub a little oil over your salmon fillets, wrap in foil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until mouth-wateringly flaky.
- Combine the eggs, milk and salt & pepper in a bowl, then whisk. Begin to sift in the flour, stirring as you add. Sprinkle chives into the mixture.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, so it covers all the pan. Pour some of the mixture into the pan, enough to make a small to medium sized pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture starts to bubble. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until pancake is golden brown. Set aside. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Drop your asparagus into slightly salted boiling water, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Remove salmon from oven and season with salt & pepper. Stack the pancakes and the asparagus, placing the salmon fillet on top. Sprinkle extra chives and a squeeze of lemon over the dish. Finish with a delicious drizzle of chilli sauce.
Top tip: For a fuss free meal use The Saucy Fish Co.’s Frozen Salmon with Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing, which comes with its own easy oven bake bag. Pick up today from Ocado.