- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 4
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 500g brussels sprouts
- ½ x 90g pack coconut chunks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 tsp vegan vegetable bouillon powder
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Trim and halve the brussels sprouts. Place in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Drain well. Grate the pieces of coconut, chopping the pieces that become a little too small to grate. Keep the chopped coconut separate.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the fennel and peppers for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the sprouts and fry for 3 minutes. Stir in the chopped coconut, garlic and cumin and fry for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, bouillon powder and chilli flakes and simmer gently for a further 3-5 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Spoon into bowls and scatter with the grated coconut. Delicious served with warmed essential Waitrose Wholemeal Pittas or brown basmati rice.