Based on the classic Persian dish, Javaher Polow, this fruity rice is truly fit for a king and really shows off the amazing grain length of Amira Superior Aromatic rice. It makes a great side dish for a spicy stew or a succulent roast chicken. The buttery golden crust that develops on the bottom of the pan – traditionally called the tahdig – is a truly delicious treat.
What You Need
- 300 g Amira Superior Aromatic rice
- Generous pinch of saffron threads
- 150 g Dried cranberries
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Cardamon pods
- 1 cumin seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g Walnuts, roughly chopped
- Seeds picked from 1 large pomegranate or 110g pack ready prepared pomegranate seeds
- Generous bunch of parsley, chopped
- Finely grated zest from 1 orange
- 1 Garlic clove, very finely chopped
Simply mix all of the ingredients together, and enjoy!
Amira’s Superior Aromatic and Pure Basmati products offer the highest quality rice available to consumers and can be found in Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose and Tesco.