Pesto and Salmon Drop Scones: Perfect nibbly bites to serve to your guests – more of a canapé than a starter to accompany the conversation!
Pesto and Salmon Drop Scones (Makes 20)
For the scones:
- 115g (4 oz) of self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Pesto sauce
- 100ml (4 fl oz) milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
For the Topping
- Crème fraîche or sour cream
- 55g (2 oz) smoked salmon, make up into small rolls
For the Garnish:
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped fresh dill
- Place the flour in the food processor bowl. Add the egg, pesto sauce and half the milk and blend on a slow speed. Thin to a dropping consistency with the remaining milk. Season.
- Wipe a sauce pan or hotplate with a little oil on a piece of kitchen paper. Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the hotplate, when bubbles rise to the surface, turn over and cook the other side.
- Place the mini pancakes on a serving plate, top each with a spoon of sour cream and a roll of smoked salmon. Scatter chopped dill on top.
Recipes by Russell Hobbs