- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 400g dried linguine
- 4 eggs
- 200g leftover gammon, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch salad onions, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 4 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 25g pack flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil to cook the linguine and a smaller pan to the boil to poach the eggs. Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 7-9 minutes until tender. Break the eggs into the smaller pan, turn off the heat and then cover with a lid. Leave for 4 minutes until the eggs are poached.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a ladleful of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan with the gammon, salad onions, mustard, honey, parsley and the reserved cooking water. Heat through for a couple of minutes and transfer to serving plates. Drain the eggs with a slotted spoon and place on top of each portion to serve.
Cook’s tip: For a veggie variation, fry a few halloumi slices in a little olive oil and use instead of the gammon.