WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g cooked turkey, shredded into bitesize pieces
- 385g pack butternut squash wedges
- 28g pack coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves picked
- 25g pack Thai (or regular) basil, stalks finely chopped, leaves picked
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 185g jar Cooks’ Ingredients Laksa Paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp nam pla fish sauce, plus more to taste
- 100g rice vermicelli noodles
- 150g essential Waitrose Beansprouts
- Finely grated zest and juice 2 limes, plus extra wedges to serve
- Sriracha chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO DO
1. Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Cook the turkey over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside on a plate. Add the remaining oil and squash and fry for 3-4 minutes, before adding the coriander and basil stalks, turmeric and laksa paste. Cook for 1 minute and then pour in the coconut milk, along with a can full of cold water and the fish sauce.
2. Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes, or until the squash is just tender. Blend about half the soup in a food processor until smooth. Return this to the pan. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to pack instructions.
3. Add the turkey and the beansprouts to the soup. Bring to a simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes until everything is piping hot. Add the noodles, lime zest and juice, season with fish sauce and divide between bowls. Scatter over the reserved herb leaves and serve with extra lime wedges and sriracha chilli sauce, if you like.