- Preparation time:20 minutes + chilling
- Cooking time:25 minutes
- Total time:45 minutes + chilling
- Makes: 20 – 25
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- ¼ x 25g pack chives
- Choux batter (from Martha’s basic choux pastry recipe)
- 250g hot smoked rainbow trout fillets
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
- 75ml double cream
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 lemon
- Black pepper
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Finely chop the chives and stir into the choux batter at step 2 of my basic choux pastry recipe. Pipe the batter into 20-25 mini éclair shapes and bake as directed.
- Flake the hot smoked rainbow trout fillets into a mixing bowl and stir in the creamed horseradish, double cream, crème fraîche, the finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon. Season with a little black pepper. Beat for a few minutes until the mixture thickens, then spoon into a piping bag and chill until needed.
- Slice the cooled éclairs down the centre using a serrated knife and fill with the pâté. Sprinkle with a few chives and serve immediately.