A tangy and tasty recipe for Salmon & Sea Bass Ceviche, brought to you by Manomasa Tortilla Chips
A great fresh tasting summery canapé tossed with a citrus, coriander and chilli dressing, delicious served on crisp spicy tortillas. Simply spoon the shredded lettuce and ceviche on to 4 serving plates with the tortillas on the side.
Preparation: 25 minutes
Chill: 1 hour
200g (7oz) or 2 sea bass fillets, skinned, pin boned and diced
300g (2oz) or 2 trout fillets, skinned, pin boned and diced
2 limes, grated rind and juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 red grapefruit
1 red chilli, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander leaves
160g pack of Manomasa Chipotle and Lime Tortilla Chips
2 little gem lettuces, finely shredded
- Add the diced sea bass and trout to a shallow china or glass dish. Sprinkle with the lime rind then drizzle over the lime juice and oil.
- Cut a slice off the top and bottom of each grapefruit then cut the rest of the peel and pith away with a small serrated knife. Cut between the membrane to release the segments then squeeze the juice from the membrane over the fish. Roughly chop the segments then add to the fish with the chilli and onion. Season with salt and pepper and gently stir together.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour or until the sea bass is bright white and the trout an opaque pink or it looks ‘cooked’.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander over the ceviche and stir together gently. Allow to come to room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Arrange the tortillas on a large platter, sprinkle a little lettuce on the top of each then spoon over the ceviche. Serve immediately or the tortilla chips will soften, with extra lime wedges and a little coarse sea salt if liked.
As the fish is pickled with the lime juice rather than cooked, make sure to buy the freshest fish that you can and to make and eat this dish on the day that you buy the fish.
The use of Manomasa’s adventurous flavours including Chipotle and Lime, White Cheddar & the brand new Tomatillo Salsa are ideal for making quick and easy canapés, and are destined to show off the host’s culinary skills this summer. Manomasa is available from Ocado (RRP: £1.99 per 160g pack).