IDEAL for a delicious, nutritious, delicately spiced vegan, gluten free meal.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus resting
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes, plus resting
- Serves: 4
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 small cauliflower (about 500g), cut into small florets
350g pack Waitrose & Partners Diced Butternut and Sweet Potato
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
200g brown basmati rice, rinsed
1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients ras el hanout
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
125g pomegranate seeds
2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients dukkah
Handful coriander leaves
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Put the cauliflower, butternut and sweet potato and 1 tbsp of the oil on a baking tray and toss to coat. Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes, then uncover and roast for a further 20 minutes, until very tender and lightly browned.
2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add the rice and ras el hanout and cook for a minute; stir in 500ml hot water and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, then add the chick peas; cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed.
3. Combine the rice and roasted vegetables and transfer to a large serving platter. Leave to sit for 5 minutes, then scatter with the pomegranate seeds, dukkah and coriander to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose & Partners.