Ideal for bringing excitement to your midweek supper.
Our friends at Waitrose have shared this recipe for Chilli mapo tofu and we think it’s great. Check it out below!
- Preparation time:10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4-6
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
2-3 tsp Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chilli Oil
1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
½ tbsp Sichuan peppercorns, ground
2 x 200g packs Waitrose & Partners No.1 Mixed Exotic Mushrooms,
2 x 200g packs smoked tofu, cut into 1.5cm cubes
1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Tamari Soy Sauce, plus extra to taste
3 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Chinese Rice Vinegar
Steamed white rice, to serve
10g coriander, roughly chopped
1 tbsp black and/or toasted white sesame seeds
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Heat the chilli oil and the sesame oil in a large wok over a high heat until lightly fragrant, then add the garlic, ground pepper and mushrooms.
2. Cook for 5 minutes, turning constantly, until the mushrooms are golden.
3. Add the tofu and fry for a minute before adding 1 tbsp soy sauce, the oyster sauce and rice vinegar. Continue to cook for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat. Add more soy sauce to taste.
4. Serve over steamed rice, scattered with chopped coriander and sesame seeds.