Serves 8 people
Prep 10-12 minutes (+ 5 mins for decoration)
Cook for 45-50 minutes
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 ½ tbsp skimmed milk
- 70ml Flora Cuisine
- 90g self-raising flour
- 90g soft brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 chocolate fudge bars diced into small pieces
- 50g dried banana chips, broken in half (reserve a few whole ones for decoration)
- 50g dark chocolate, broken into pieces for decoration
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/170oC/150oC fan/325oF.
- In a bowl, mash the banana and milk together. Add Flora Cuisine, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and egg and whisk well together. Fold in the broken banana chips and diced fudge (keeping a little fudge back for decoration).
- Transfer to a greased, lined 450g/1lb loaf tin or 20cm (8 inch) cake tin and level the top using the back of a damp spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until the cake is golden-brown, well risen and spongy to the touch.
- Allow the cake to cool for around 10 minutes before removing from the tin and leaving it to cool on a wine rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cooled cake and top with banana and fudge pieces.